Summary: Reporting to the Clerk/Treasurer, the Commission Coordinator reviews the current business processes of the Fire Department, conducts research on best practices and makes recommendations for changes. The incumbent in this position is not a uniformed member of the Fire Department. This is a one year term position that may be renewed.
• Certificate from a recognized institution in Local Governance Administration
• Knowledge of local government governance models and legislation
• Level 2 Firefighter Certificate, 5 years firefighter experience with pump operation experience
• Basic knowledge of the NFPA standards and related codes
• Experience developing public sector policies, SOPs and guidelines
• Experience conducting research
• Class 3 drivers’ licence with air brakes endorsement
• 2 years’ experience in an administrative position
• Basic knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
• Intermediate level of proficiency on Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Please send your resume and cover letter in one document to [email protected] no later than midnight Nov 16, 2014. If you have not heard from us by the end of November we thank you for your interest. We will only be advising those who have participated in the selection process of the outcome of this competition.